Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Snapshots of our Jackson Hole vacation

I have been wanting to write about our vacation to visit my parents in Wyoming for weeks now, but have felt overwhelmed by events and the amount of things I wanted to share.  Because of this I have decided to share some snapshots of the fun times we had and will work on posting more details soon.

When we first arrived it was cold (as you can tell from the coats and hats).  It even snowed.  We went out walking around down town and had a nice lunch at the Wort Hotel.

Here we are swinging at the bottom of a mountain.  Behind us is the bottom of the ski lift.  The girls loved to be outside so we went to the park a lot.

This is really the first time they crawled around on play equipment, and they loved it.  The stairs were their favorite, as they were too little to make it up the tunnel.

There is a great children's museum in Jackson that the girls loved.  They had a a special room just for toddlers with a slide and stairs

They had these really fun chairs that Emma loved to sit on.

Jackson has this great square in the middle of the town where people can sit and enjoy the outdoors.  E and C loved crawling around and playing in the dirt.

It was so fun to spend time with my dad and see him spend time with my daughters.


C felt comfortable on the grass and tried out a head stand.

E spent over 20 minutes playing in the bark.  She loved running it through her fingers.

We went to my grandparent's house for dinner one night and took family photos in their backyard.  Yes, this is their backyard!  It is so beautiful.

With Grammy and Grandpa.

I just love this picture of Charlotte.  I think that her face just looks so happy.

The sun came out!

Here are E and C with my grandpa and grandma.  It was so important to me that they were able to spend some time together.

The whole gang (minus my uncle Gerry who left a little earlier)

Again, such a sweet moment.  My dad helping E to walk in the grass.  The background is amazing too.

Here is C and her dad practicing walking also.

My mom, my husband, the girls and I all went to a local burger place to eat lunch.  Here is Charlotte drinking from a straw.  It was probably the highlight of lunch for her.

My mom and I.

Our family in front of the famous elk antler arches at the Jackson Hole town square.

This was a daily occurrence.  C and E love to help unload the dishwasher.

On my birthday (and the last day we were there) we went to a gymnastic gym and let the girls crawl around for a while.  They had a great time sliding, bouncing, swinging, and climbing.

Daddy helping E down the slide.

Daddy helping C down the slide.

My birthday cake!  It was a white cake with maraschino cherries in the batter, pastry cream in between the layers, and chocolate ganache on top.  It was an amazing cake.


Overall an amazing trip.  Well worth the three plane flights to get there.  We are already planning our next trip.  I think we are going to try and drive it next time.

2 comments:

  1. Your grandmother looks just as beautiful as ever! I'm glad they were able to spend some time with the gals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to see the photos and think about all the adventures we had when you all were here. There were a lot of experiences and family gatherings that I will remember for a long time. It is a special time for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...